CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

What an Emotional Day for me!!!

Oh my goodness!! What a day it was yesterday!! I had a great time spending the day with two of my kids on their last day of school.
Tyler's class started out with their graduation ceremony, then moved outside to the field for "Field Day", then came inside to clean up and pack up their things, after that they went to the cafeteria to practice for next year eating in there! They had pizza and cupcakes and had a blast!! I loved every minute of it! I sure will miss helping out in Tyler's class each week. I have grown to love being in the classroom and will miss it!!

Chelsea's class partied hard the whole day! She had the luxury of just hanging out with all of her friends all day! It was a sad day for me and I don't think it really has sunk in with Chelsea that she is going to a totally different school next year!!


We are very proud of both Chelsea and Tyler and can't wait to see how next year goes!! It will be a great time!!

After we left school, I went to the store and bought a pool for the backyard for Jaelyn and Tyler to play when we don't go to the base pool. The nice thing about living on base is that Chelsea is able to go places by herself now and the pool is one of them. Of course she goes with friends, but it is nice that she is able to have the freedom to do that. If we lived off base, there is NO WAY I would feel comfortable doing that. Each year at the pool the lifeguards give each of the children (older) a pool test to see how well they can swim and if they are allowed to jump off the diving board in the deep end. I think this is GREAT and of course Chelsea passed. She has been a little fish since she was a baby!!! I knew without a doubt that she would pass it!

Yesterday was a busy busy day for me. I had a Jewelry show last night after our busy day at school, so I was exhausted last night after my show!! It was a great time though and I am ready for some summer fun and relaxing!!!

Oh yeah!! Great news I got last week!! I got a GRANT for next year!! I am soooo thrilled. It is only for 2000.00 but HEY anything is better than nothing right??? I was so happy that I got it!! This is my first grant!! So I am REALLY looking forward to next semester at school! I will be a REAL College student going during the day with all the YOUNG kids!! Hooray! It will be interesting!!

Ok. Here are some pics from yesterday!! I hope you enjoy and the videos too!!






Tyler and Mommy!! I am so very proud of my kids and what they have accomplished this year!! They have grown not only physically, but mentally and academically too!!
Daddy got to make it for the graduation part this morning...Thank goodness! He is now a busy man running his shop and it's harder for him to get away now!!




This is Tyler and Mrs.Lawvey!! She is another awesome teacher we were blessed to get this year. She has a heart for the kids and cried most of the day yesterday!! Tyler adored her and learned so much from her this year. He also did GREAT on his report card, but he is still young and fresh in school, so we expected him to do well. One thing his teacher says about Tyler is that he is GREAT in Math....he must get that from his father cause I am NOT!!! We are very proud of Tyler and how hard he worked this year on learning his letters and learning how to read!!! YEAH TYLER!!!




Tyler and kids from his class playing tug of war. As you can see in their faces, they LOVED it!!!



This is Chelsea and one of her friends from this year. Hopefully most of Chelsea's friends will be going to the same Jr. High next year. It will make going to a new school a little easier. Chelsea had a smile on her face all day yesterday because she got ALL B's on her report card!!!!! We are SOOOOOO VERY proud of her. She has been struggling most of the year this year with her grades, but has worked very very hard this last semester to bring all of her grades up!! WAY TO GO CHELSEA!!!!



This is Chelsea and her teacher Mrs. Seames. She is an awesome teacher and sure know how to deal with sixth graders!! She use to work in a detention center with kid and is perfect for this job!! I love her style of teaching and dealing with the kids. Her and Chelsea had a great relationship!!



Today we got a pool, it's small but it will serve it's purpose on the days we don't go to the base pool!! This was the one and only time Jaelyn got in it. She doesn't like the water too much unless it's a bath tub!! This is what her hair looks like when she pulls her ponytails out too!! The joys of a three year old....ha ha!!




Tyler's graduation!! It was the cutest thing I ever saw and could cry thinking about it again!!!










Tyler doing the sack races!! It was cute!! He did a great job!!









2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Hi Brandy,

Wow what an emotional day for you! I'd cry too!!

You really don't look old enough to have a daughter entering high school, that's for sure! ;)

Your kids are so adorable!!! I love the bright BLUE eyes. So pretty.

Ha ha about Jaelyn and not liking the water. Haylee's been that way before. She's gone to the pool once so far this year a few weeks ago when it was really hot. Tim took her and she was very sure that she just wanted to go to the kiddie pool. When they got there, she saw all of the BABIES on the kiddie pool and asked to go into the big pool. :) How cool is that? LOL. I guess there really IS a time they want to feel grown up. Give her time, she'll like the water one day!

I'm feeling sad, in 3 months Haylee will be entering Kindergarten. I'm sure next year around this time I will be posting how sad I am that she's graduating! I don't even want to THINK of high school!!

Take care and have a great week,
Melissa

Melissa De Mers said...

Oh...and I figured that Fresno is about 4 hrs from ME and about 3 hrs from YOU.

I don't know, that's as far as I've gotten. They have a water park there, but it will be in October, so not sure if that would work.

Well if you can think of anything let me know! I would be willing to leave EARLY and drive and leave the same day, or maybe stay one night at a hotel. I guess we'll see! :)

I wanna meet the Ousley's! :)